Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Nanny and employer relationship

Being a nanny, it is very important to develop a relationship with your employer. When you built a relationship you can have a job security, this include trust, communication and respect. If you have this three you gonna have a comfortable work pace. Remember your gonna be part of this family, your going to be in and out of this house. So you wanna feel comfortable.

Your job is gonna be your daily routine, so you wanna make it enjoyable for you. Nannying is a kind of job that you need to be proud, because their no other job that give you so much compliments. "What are we going to do without you", "your a gem of this family", "were so lucky to have you". Can you relate? I know most of us heard this phrases. Makes your feel worthy and needed.

Remember that this family is depending on you, so building a relationship is very important. After years of being a nanny I'm very lucky to find such amazing family, I feel love and care with the family that I've work with. My first nannying job, I found friendship. This family is amazing! Their fun, energetic and chaotic, oh i love this job! Who would believe if I say we hug, kiss and say I love you after worked. Every single day were together, she's stay home mom and after we drop the kids we stop at Starbucks and pick up coffee then start the day. She even get me hook one of the soap opera "bold and the beautiful", we watch this everyday. But time flies kids are grown and we have to say goodbye, but the memories remain. I still go visit or watch the kids once in awhile, we send text as well. Big "V" is the dad and he give a beautiful and heartwarming toss at my wedding. I feel so lucky and bless to be a part of this beautiful family.

Now I'm working with the opposite of the first family. Their also wonderful, but more quite and finesse. You know what I love about this job, their very fair and caring. They show me that the care about me like when I call in sick, she'll say "no worries just rest and call me if you need anything". That's feels good! Also I can easily talk to them and the good part is, she value my opinion when it comes to the kids. They let me do my job and trust me. So I'm happy with my job. Kids are both wonderful, very well manner and sweet too.

Don't you wanna work with this kind of family? I bit you do! So start building a relationship with your employer. Your employer love you! They know that you love their kids, and that's what they wanna give you in return. Good relationship, Good kids, Happy parents! It's all win win situation.

No comments:

Post a Comment